Tolley's Accounting for Tax Professionals provides an accessible introduction to the accounting rules relevant to tax professionals in the UK. This practical handbook uses worked examples to demonstrate how accounting principles are applied to financial statements in different circumstances, as well as identifying common issues which may arise.
This book also offers extensive coverage of the various accounting standards, highlighting how accounting requirements differ from the previous UK GAAP regime or where there are difficult tax-related issues.
Whether you are a limited company, partnership or sole trader, this book has the relevant guidance required.
Table of contents
1. FRS regime from 1 January 2016;
2. Fundamentals of accountancy treatment and how profit is taxed;
3. Cash basis;
4. Changing approach of the Courts;
5. Statutory recognition of “normal accountancy treatment”;
6. Capital cf revenue;
7. Stock and WIP;
9. Fixed assets (tangible and intangible);
10. Research & development;
11. Branches and foreign currency;
12. Micro-entity accounting;
13. Financial instruments;
15. Dividends – when a company can pay;
16. Change in accounting policy;
17. Error and mistake;
Glossary of accountancy terms