Why should you buy APIL Guide to Catastrophic Injury Claims Third edition
The management of catastrophic injury claims is complex. They involve detailed and ongoing care and rehabilitation regimes; sophisticated case management involving technical procedural matters often involving the Court of Protection, significant use of expert evidence, as well as complicated settlement and financial structures including periodical payment orders.
Involving numerous experts of different disciplines, these claims require the practitioner to 'marshall' and manage the team, as well as particular requirements regarding client care. The APIL Guide to Catastrophic Injury Claims provides a guide to best practice in the complex area of catastrophic injury litigation. The text provides guidance on case management, practical help in dealing with and addressing issues of expert evidence, an in-depth discussion of damages and an analysis of relevant primary source material.
This edition takes account of:
- The Civil Procedure Rules;
- The Serious Injury Guide;
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005 and developments in this field;
- Alternative Dispute Resolution methods including Mediation & Arbitration
- The Damages Act, Periodical Payment Orders and the challenges facing Claimant's in damages management, including the impact of Brexit;
- The Civil Liability Act and changes to the discount rate
The APIL Guide to Catastrophic Injury Claims will be essential reading for all clinical negligence practitioners and personal injury lawyers dealing with serious injury claims.