Webinar Capital Gains Tax and Entrepreneur's Relief
Capital Gains Tax and Entrepreneur's Relief are arguably the two most important areas of tax law for general practitioners. In this webinar, our tax specialists will discuss all of the major changes you should know about.
Capital Gains Tax and Entrepreneur's Relief are arguably the two most important areas of tax law for general practitioners. In this webinar, our tax specialists will discuss all of the major changes you should know about, including:
- Entrepreneur's Relief and the Finance Act 2016.
- Hardy v HMRC: a forfeited deposit is not a capital loss.
- The meaning of ordinary share capital: the conflict between McQuillan and Castledine.
- The interaction between entrepreneur's relief and the taxation of employee shareholder shares.
- Reform of the substantial shareholdings exemption regime.
- Reasonable and prudent behaviour in ascertaining the market value of unquoted shares (Anderson v HMRC).
Viewing this webinar will help solicitors to meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of solicitor competence:
- A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge.
- A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding.
For further details on the Statement of solicitor competence, visit the SRA website.
Please allow up to 2 working days from placing your order to receiving email confirmation of your access to this webinar.
If you are purchasing this webinar on behalf of someone else then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the name and email address of the individual who will be taking the training.