Takeovers: Law and Practice Second edition
Select a format
Why should you buy Takeovers: Law and Practice
This practical title provides a comprehensive statement of the legal considerations applicable to the takeover of a public company in the UK. Written by leading practitioners in the field, it covers the regulatory framework and the way in which takeovers work in practice (including tax and accountancy, employment and competition issues); with detailed exposition of the relevant company law considerations, merger control processes, Takeover Directives, disclosure and transparency rules, EU regulations and much more including a new chapter on pensions.
The second edition guides you thoroughly through all the steps required in a takeover, including in-depth coverage of areas such as schemes of arrangement, directors' duties and compulsory acquisitions. An essential work for anyone involved, or about to be involved, in mergers and acquisitions, it includes broad commentary on EU regulations and their impact within the UK market.
New to this edition:
* Companies Act 2006
* Takeover Directive
* Disclosure & Transparency Rules
* Abolition of Rules governing substantial acquisitions of shares
* Changes to code to provide for disclosures of dealings in derivatives
* Changes to The Takeover Code following consultation
* Developments of practice (competing schemes, implementation agreements)
* Prospectus Directive
* Tables of references to Code rules