Morcom, Roughton and St Quintin: The Modern Law of Trade Marks Fifth Edition
Select a format
The Modern Law of Trade Marks is a comprehensive guide on trade mark law enabling practitioners to provide clients with effective advice with the best possible support and authority. It includes detailed analysis of important UK and European legislation and decisions, in-depth commentary on the complexities of the Trade Marks Act 1994 and the Madrid Protocol and the CTM Regulation.
All aspects of registered trade marks are included, together with information on applications, registration, protections and infringement. Divided into seven parts, key topics covered are: Background to the Law; Registered Marks; Passing Off; Civil Proceedings; Customs and Criminal Offences; International Treaties; and the Community Trade Mark.
Major changes covered by the new edition include:
- Updated laws applying to trade marks in the UK, including the latest amendments to the Trade Marks Act 1994, the Trade Mark Rules 2008, the Community Trade Mark Regulations 2006 and the Trade Marks (International Registration) Order 2008;
- Full texts of the relevant Directives including the new ‘recast’ Directive for further approximation of trade mark laws;
- Current versions of the Madrid Agreement and Madrid Protocol;
- Discussion of the impact of the new ‘recast’ Directive;
- A revised Part VIII including discussion of the significant changes to the EU Trade Mark introduced by the recent amendments to the Community Trade Mark Regulation;
- Comprehensive coverage of significant new case law from the UK and the CJEU, including decisions of the General Court and rulings of the CJEU on the Directive and the Regulation.