Macdonald's Immigration Law & Practice Ninth edition Main Work and Supplement set
Why should you buy Macdonald's Immigration Law & Practice Ninth edition Main Work and Supplement set
Since the publication of the first edition in 1983 Macdonald's Immigration Law & Practice has established itself as the standard textbook in the field and is recognised by the legal profession as the most authoritative text on immigration law.
Written with precision by leading immigration experts the work has been updated to offer all of the latest legislation, cases, political developments and commentary and guidance on every significant aspect of the law and practice of immigration.
The ninth edition has been fully revised to contain all the latest SIs, and recent case law, including decisions from Strasbourg, the House of Lords and the Court of Appeal as well as the latest immigration appeals Procedure Rules, Practice Direction and CPR.
The set includes the second Supplements published in September 2018.
This title will also be available as an eBook. See eBooks FAQ page.
Table of contents
1. Introducing immigration law
2. Right of abode and citizenship
3. Control of entry
4. Control after entry
5. Settlement and return
6. Common travel area, crew members and exempted groups
7. European Community law and related obligations
8. Human rights law
9. Visits, study and temporary purposes
10. Working, business, investment and retirement in the UK
11. Families, partners and children
12. Refugees, Asylum, Humanitarian Protection and Discretionary leave
13. Welfare provisions for migrants and asylum seekers
14. Penal and carrier sanctions
15. Deportation and repatriation
16. Removal and other expulsion
17. Detention and bail
18. Right of appeal
19. Appeals to the First-tier Tribunal
20. Appeals to the Upper Tribunal, the Court of Appeal and applications for judicial review
21. Special Immigration Appeals Commission
Appendix 1: Immigration statutes
Appendix 2: Other relevant statutes
Appendix 3: Immigration Rules
Appendix 4: Procedure Rules and Practice Directions
Appendix 5: Statutory Instruments
Appendix 6: EU legislation
Appendix 7: International material
Appendix 8: Glossary
Tables and index