Elderly Clients: A Precedent Manual 5th edition
Select a format
Why you should buy Elderly Clients: A Precedent Manual
Elderly Clients: A Precedent Manual (Jordan Publishing) provides a wealth of precedents to assist the private client adviser tackle the whole range of issues affecting the elder client.
These include the difficult and ever-changing problems of planning for a client's possible incapacity in later life, care contracts, funeral planning, wills and equity release schemes.
In addition to the precedents, the legal framework underpinning each area is set out in clear terms and is accompanied by useful checklists to assist the adviser in such matters as registering a lasting power of attorney and establishing whether the client has authority to make a will or gift.
Published in conjunction with Solicitors for the Elderly, each chapter of this new edition has been thoroughly revised to take account of all major developments including:
* Deputyship - changes to system for deputy supervision
* Capacity - ongoing case-law under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
* Lasting Powers of Attorney - new prescribed forms for 2015
* Gifts - impact of the Care Act 2014 and Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 anti-avoidance provisions
* Carers and Care Homes - the impact of the Care Act 2014, the Care and Support
Statutory Guidance and the Care Quality Commission regulatory changes