Webinar Commercial leases in 2017
There have been a number of cases in the past 12 months that have important implications for the authors of commercial leases. In this webinar, our subject specialists will talk you through all the key changes that you need to know about.
There have been a number of cases in the past 12 months that have important implications for the authors of commercial leases. In this webinar, our subject specialists will talk you through all the key changes that you need to know about. Topics include:
- Dorinda Irene Holland v Oxford City Council  EWHC 2545 (Ch).
- A periodic tenancy can be created where the term is only a few days each year.
- Including reserved rights of access or re-entry where they are not necessary can be persuasive evidence that a tenancy has been created.
- L'Oreal v eBay; Tommy Hilfiger v Delta.
- Claimants can seek an injunction against a landlord to stop their tenant's continued sale of counterfeit goods.
- Landlords should therefore ensure there is sufficient provision to end/prevent future infringement.
- Landlord's building works versus tenants' rights.
- Francia Properties Limited v Aristou and others  CLCC (Ch),  Lexis Citation 525.
- Timothy Taylor Ltd v Mayfair House Corporation & Another  EWHC 1075 (Ch),  All ER (D) 97 (May).
- Iceland Foods Ltd v Aldi Stores Ltd  EWHC 1134 (Ch),  All ER (D) 121 (May).
- Lease renewal proceedings.
- Waterstones Booksellers Ltd v Notting Hill Gate KCS Ltd.
- Flanders Community Centre Ltd v Newham London Borough Council  (unreported).
- Clear Call Ltd v Central London Investments Limited  EWCA Civ 1231.
Viewing this webinar will help solicitors to meet the following requirements set out in the Statement of solicitor competence:
- A2 - Maintain competence and legal knowledge.
- A4 - Draw on detailed knowledge/understanding.
For further details on the Statement of solicitor competence, visit the SRA website.
Please allow up to 2 working days from placing your order to receiving email confirmation of your access to this webinar.
If you are purchasing this webinar on behalf of someone else then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the name and email address of the individual who will be taking the training.