Why you should buy Data Protection: The New Rules
Data protection has become a minefield of complex rules and regulations. Personal data is hedged around with all sorts of controls to ensure its safely from prying eyes. The new Regulation will add to the plethora of laws that effect every organisation, large and small, that handles personal data. The new rules will require many changes to business systems, policies and procedures and the entire approach of the organisation to personal data. Company secretaries and directors will be responsible to see that their companies comply with these new requirements.
Data Protection: The New Rules condenses a mass of EU and UK documentation into one practical and easy-to-read manual, guiding you through all the relevant changes simply and clearly. It provides comprehensive description of the legal and regulatory provisions, commentary on business requirements, examples and sample data protection and information policies.
This book analyses the regulatory obligations and business requirements of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation. This Regulation will replace the existing data protection regime. The book covers both the current regime and the changes to come. Contents include: requirements for consent to data processing; information for data subjects; marketing requirements; data security; outsourcing, including the cloud; data transfer outside the EU; data protection by design and by default; data protection impact assessment; rights of data subjects, including fines and penalties; and record-keeping.
Data protection has become a minefield of complex rules and regulations. Personal data is hedged around with all sorts of controls to ensure its safety from prying eyes. The new EU Data Protection Regulation will unify and strengthen the plethora of laws that affect every organisation, large and small, that handles personal data. And that includes everyone involved in handling data relating to clients, customers, employees and other individuals.
Company secretaries and directors will be responsible to see that their companies comply with these new requirements. Read the full preface...
Table of contents
- Table of Abbreviations
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes
- Table of Statutory Instruments
- Table of European and International Material
- Part 1 - The Current Regime
- Introduction to Data Protection
- Notification System
- Fair and Lawful Processing
- Right to Access Personal Data
- Other Rights of Individuals
- Security and Outsourcing
- Export of Personal Data
- Other Obligations of Data Controllers
- Enforcement and Compliance
- Part 2 - The New Regime
- Data Protection – The New Rules
- General Principles
- Data Processing and Security
- Special Categories of Data
- Rights of the Data Subject
- Sample Data Protection Policy
- Sample Information Security Policy
- Data Protection Breach Notification Form
- Personal Information Online Small Business Checklist
- A Practical Guide to IT Security
- Direct Marketing Checklist
- How Do I Handle Subject Access Requests