Halsbury's Laws of England Fifth Edition Volume 88A 2013 Rights and Freedoms
The Halsbury’s Laws Rights and Freedoms title is a detailed exposition of each of the fundamental human rights from the right to life to the right to free elections.
The Halsbury’s Laws Rights and Freedoms title is a detailed exposition of each of the fundamental human rights from the right to life to the right to free elections. This comprehensive title includes material on the Human Rights Act 1998, giving effect to the European Convention on Human Rights, and UK obligations under international law deriving from the EU and the UN. It also explains the principles of interpretation and restrictions on rights.
Companion titles to Rights and Freedoms include Vol 20 Constitutional and Administrative Law, andVol 33; Discrimination.
The law is stated as at 1 March 2013, although subsequent changes have been included wherever possible.
Halsbury’s Laws. The Law. In order.
Halsbury’s Laws of England is the only complete narrative statement of the law in England and Wales, in print and exclusively online via LexisLibrary.
Every 4 seconds, someone finds an answer using Halsbury’s Laws. Whatever the subject, it has the answer, even in niche and esoteric areas. Halsbury’s Laws covers everything from the fundamental to the highly complex. It is the starting point and the finishing line.
- Clear footnotes map out the legal authorities; ideal for preparing court bundles.
- Paragraphs are written concisely, so you can quickly surface the answer to a client’s question.
- Introductory paragraphs and clear definitions provide background and context; useful for students and those exploring an unfamiliar area.
Regarded an authoritative work, Halsbury’s Laws is written by or in consultation with leading experts, ensuring the highest quality and dependability.
"I always turn to Halsbury's Laws first when I am trying to find a convenient, accessible, accurate way to find out about a new area of law and turn to it last when I am dealing with an area of law I am already familiar with to ensure that I have not missed anything."
Anand Doobay, Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP.
Anand is a leading business crime lawyer. In 2013 he was listed as one of the ten most highly regarded individuals in the International Who's Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers.
Table of contents
1. Origins of Rights and Freedoms
2. Domestic Sources of Rights and Freedoms
3. International Sources of Rights and Freedoms and Their Institutions
4. The Fundamental Rights and Freedoms
5. How Rights and Freedoms Work