Halsbury's Laws of England Fifth Edition Volume 71 2013 London Government, Magistrates, Markets
Halsbury's Laws of England Fifth Edition Volume 71 2013 London Government, Magistrates, Markets is concerned with the codes of legislation which are particular to London, including provisions as to building, police, streets, public health, and more.
The Halsbury’s Laws London Government title is concerned with the codes of legislation which are particular to London, including provisions as to building, police, streets, public health, and more.
Magistrates deals with the appointment of justices of the peace, and the court hearing and determination of charges in respect of offences against the conservation of the peace.
Markets covers the creation and holding of markets and fairs, and the rights and liabilities of buyers, sellers and street traders.
Companion titles to London Government include Vol 69: Local Government. Companion titles to Magistrates include Vol 24: Courts and Tribunals, Vols 27, 28: Criminal Procedure, and Vol 92: Sentencing.
The law is stated as at 1 February 2013, although subsequent changes have been included wherever possible.
Halsbury’s Laws. The Law. In order.
Halsbury’s Laws of England is the only complete narrative statement of the law in England and Wales, in print and exclusively online via LexisLibrary.
Every 4 seconds, someone finds an answer using Halsbury’s Laws. Whatever the subject, it has the answer, even in niche and esoteric areas. Halsbury’s Laws covers everything from the fundamental to the highly complex. It is the starting point and the finishing line.
- Clear footnotes map out the legal authorities; ideal for preparing court bundles.
- Paragraphs are written concisely, so you can quickly surface the answer to a client’s question.
- Introductory paragraphs and clear definitions provide background and context; useful for students and those exploring an unfamiliar area.
Regarded an authoritative work, Halsbury’s Laws is written by or in consultation with leading experts, ensuring the highest quality and dependability.
"I always turn to Halsbury's Laws first when I am trying to find a convenient, accessible, accurate way to find out about a new area of law and turn to it last when I am dealing with an area of law I am already familiar with to ensure that I have not missed anything."
Anand Doobay, Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP.
Anand is a leading business crime lawyer. In 2013 he was listed as one of the ten most highly regarded individuals in the International Who's Who of Business Crime Defence Lawyers.
Table of contents
2. The London Borough Councils and the City of London Corporation
3. The Mayor and the Greater London Authority
6. Culture, Recreation and Heritage
7. Crime, Policing and Emergencies
8. Land, Planning and the Environment
1. The Office and Jurisdiction of Magistrates
2. Magistrates’ Courts
3. Proceedings in Magistrates’ Courts
1. The Right of Market
2. The Holding of Markets and Fairs
3. Occasional Sales and Car Boot Sales
5. Street Trading