Butterworths Stone's Justices' Manual 2018 eBook
Why should you buy Butterworths Stone’s Justices’ Manual 2018 eBook
This unrivalled title provides the most reliable coverage of the legislative changes affecting magistrates’ courts. It provides comprehensive coverage of all existing, new and amended legislation and hundreds of new cases that set precedents or clarify particular principles of law. The accompanying CD-ROM completes the service. An updating CD-ROM and supplement in October, included in the subscription, ensure you remain completely up to date.
Butterworths Stone’s Justices’ Manual is relied upon each year by thousands of professionals to provide the most reliable and current coverage of the legislative changes affecting magistrates’ courts.
Butterworths Supplement to Stone’s Justices’ Manual is included in the subscription price and is a valuable addition to the Stone’s service, with recent cases and legislation included, as well as updated and new commentary on relevant changes to the law in the magistrates’ courts.
Fully cross-referenced to the main work, the Supplement ensures your Butterworths Stone’s Justice Manual 2018 is updated with the latest developments.
What’s new, including:
- Criminal Finances Act 2017
- Criminal Justice (European Investigation Order) Regulations 2017, SI 2017/730
- Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017, SI 2017/692
- A new narrative for police detention
- New offences are inserted in POCA dealing with assault and obstruction of officers
- A number of powers - for example, disclosure orders and seizure and forfeiture powers for bank accounts and moveable items of store - are extended to apply to anti-terrorist legislation
- New offences are created of corporate failure to prevent tax evasion
- Ivey v Genting Casinos UK LTS (T/A Crockfords Club
- Loake v CPS
- R v B
- Road Traffic
- UK Insurance v Holden
- Wastell v Woodward (Deceased)
- Sahin v Havard and another
- Practice and Procedure
- R v Verna Sermanfure and others (Appellants and Applications) Anti-Slavery International (Interveners)
- Westminster City Council v Owadally
- R(A) v Central Criminal Court
- R v Brown - Morgan (Samuel)