Modern Law of Patents 3rd edition (Print and eBook)
Modern Law of Patents 3rd edition (Print and eBook) offers a fresh, and comprehensive exposition of the law relating to patents in the UK and Europe, including before the Unified Patent Court.
- Conception, initial protection, prosecution, validity, transmission, exploitation and infringement;
- Detailed discussion of remedies, including domestic, under the Enforcement Directive and also those available before the Unified Patent Court;
- Detailed coverage of the laws of patents as they relate to computers, pharmaceuticals, biotechnological inventions and aspects of the laws of competition, criminal and border controls and inventive products and inventive processes as patented inventions;
- Guidance in relation to the law of patents from a prosecution and procedural aspect as well as auxiliary aspects (such as human rights);
- Extended discussion of patent prosecution at the EPO and the UK Intellectual Property Office as well as the procedural rules before the Unified Patent Court;
- Materials in paper, which provide the statutory and practical basis for the existence and subsistence of patents in the United Kingdom and in relation to prosecution of patent applications in the European Patent Office.
Table of contents
Part I. The Law of Patents; 1. Introduction; 2. Patentablity; 3. Exclusions from Patentability; 4. Construction of Patents; 5. Priority; 6. Infringement
Part 2. Transactions, Licensing, Crown Use and Entitlement; 7. Entitlement to the patent and employee compensation; 8. Ownership of and transactions in patents; 9. Licenses of right, compulsory licenses and Crown use
Part 3. Prosecution of Patent Applications; 10. Prosecution before the Intellectual Property Office; 11. Prosecution before the European Patent Office; 12. Prosecution under the Patent Cooperation Treaty; 13. Claim Drafting
Part 4. Procedure, Hearings and Arbitration; 14. Infringement and revocation proceedings, declarations of non-infringement; 15. Hearings and oral proceedings before the Patent Offices; 16. Jurisdiction of the English Courts and enforcement of judgments; 17. Arbitration of patent disputes
Part 5. Miscellaneous; 18. Patents and the law of Competition; 19. Border Controls; 20. Supplementary protection certificates; Appendices; A. The history of patent law; B. Theory; C. Future developments; Pleadings and precedents
Appendix 1 - United Kingdom Patents Legislation; Appendix 2 - European Patent Convention; Appendix 3 - Patent Cooperation Treaty; Appendix 4 - Supplementary Protection Certificates; Appendix 5 - EU Law; Appendix 6 - Rules of Court; Appendix 7 - Rules of Boards of Appeal of the European Patent Office; Appendix 8 - International Treaties; Appendix 9 - Patent Agents; Index