Modern Law of Patents 3rd edition eBook
For more information on LexisNexis eBooks, please visit eBooks FAQ page.
The third edition of this popular title is an essential resource for patent lawyers and attorneys. Written by some of the most eminent IP practitioners, The Modern Law of Patents offers a fresh, and comprehensive exposition of the law relating to patents in the UK and Europe, including before the Unified Patent Court. The third edition of the book covers the following:
- Conception, initial protection, prosecution, validity, transmission, exploitation and infringement;
- Detailed discussion of remedies, including domestic, under the Enforcement Directive and also those available before the Unified Patent Court;
- Detailed coverage of the laws of patents as they relate to computers, pharmaceuticals, biotechnological inventions and aspects of the laws of competition, criminal and border controls and inventive products and inventive processes as patented inventions;
- Guidance in relation to the law of patents from a prosecution and procedural aspect as well as auxiliary aspects (such as human rights);
- Extended discussion of patent prosecution at the EPO and the UK Intellectual Property Office as well as the procedural rules before the Unified Patent Court;
- Materials in paper, which provide the statutory and practical basis for the existence and subsistence of patents in the United Kingdom and in relation to prosecution of patent applications in the European Patent Office.