Why should you buy Butterworths Insolvency Law Handbook 21st edition
The most comprehensive single collection of statutory source material and practice directions relating to insolvency law in England, Wales and Scotland. Adopting a user-friendly, chronological layout, it covers the most important statutes, statutory instruments and European legislation. Legislation is printed as currently in force with all amendments, repeals and revocations, providing full assurance that you are advising clients accurately. This prestigious handbook makes research time efficient and effortless.
This text is the essential reference source for lawyers, accountants, insolvency practitioners, regulators and students.
The twenty-first edition is published at a time of unprecedented change and uncertainty in insolvency and other UK legislation as a result of the changes which will be necessary to deal with the UK's exit from the European Union. This edition takes account of the core materials and prospective amendments to primary and secondary legislation which practitioners will need to have close at hand. In particular, relevant provisions of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, the Insolvency (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019, and the Credit Institutions and Insurance Undertakings Reorganisation and Winding Up (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 are included in a new Part 18.
In addition, this edition incorporates important changes to the insolvency regime in England and Wales and in Scotland since the last edition was published in 2018, with materials brought up to date to 6 April 2019 including:
- The Education Administration Rules 2018 and the Further Education Bodies (Insolvency) Regulations 2019
- The Housing Administration (England and Wales) Rules 2018 and the Insolvency of Registered Providers of Social Housing Regulations 2018
- The Insolvency (Scotland) (Receivership and Winding up) Rules 2018 and the Insolvency (Scotland) (Company Voluntary Arrangements and Administration) Rules 2018, which replace the Insolvency (Scotland) Rules 1986
- The Bankruptcy Fees (Scotland) Regulations 2018
- Practice Direction on Insolvency Proceedings (July 2018)
- Various other changes to legislation contained in this work include amendments made by the Banks and Building Societies (Priorities on Insolvency) Order 2018; the Bank Recovery and Resolution and Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018; and the Insolvency (EU Exit) (Scotland) (Amendment) Regulations 2019. Also included in this edition is the effects of the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 (Commencement No 7, Consequential, Transitional and Savings Provisions) Regulations 2019 (which brings into force on 6 April 2019, in relation to Scotland, the amendments made by the 2015 Act to the Insolvency Act 1986).