Why you should buy The Family Court Practice 2019 (Red Book)
The Family Court Practice (Red Book), covers the entire range of family business and contains all the essential materials you need to practise in the Family Court.
The new edition is fully updated to include the latest case-law, full coverage of new and amended legislation, Practice Directions and guidance. It also contains fully and expertly annotated statutes and rules together with scores of unique step-by-step procedural guides, which direct you effortlessly to the relevant rules and annotation.
What’s new for 2019
- The latest amendments to the FPR, including:
- updated PD9A – Application for a Financial Remedy
- updated PD27A – Family Proceedings: Court Bundles
- Pilot Schemes:
- Procedure for Service of Certain Protection Orders on the Police (PD36H)
- Transparency (Attendance at Hearings in Private) (PD36J)
- Procedure for Using an Online System to Complete Certain Stages of Certain Proceedings for a Matrimonial Order (PD36L)
- The latest updates to the CPR
- The Human Fertilisation and Embryology (Parental Orders) Regulations 2018, plus new commentary
- Recent guidance on:
- arrangements for adoption visits
- communicating with UK Visas and Immigration
- Updated Procedural Guides
- The latest case law, including:
- Mills v Mills  UKSC 38
- Owens v Owens  UKSC 41
- R (on the application of Steinfeld and Keidan) v Secretary of State for International Development  UKSC 32
- Williams and another v London Borough of Hackney  UKSC 37
- New and expanded commentary on:
- habitual residence
- care plans
- legal bloggers
- breach of reporting restrictions
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- single applicants for parental orders under the new s 54A of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008
- voidable marriages
- nuptial agreements
The Family Court Practice 2019 Autumn Supplement (and Welsh Materials)
The Autumn Supplement updates the 2019 edition of The Family Court Practice (Red Book).
All you need to do is order your copy of The Family Court Practice (main work) and the Autumn Supplement will be sent to you, upon publication, to keep you reliably updated on the latest developments.
Purchase, download and start reading the Red Book within minutes. Available in ePDF format your eBook will have all the expert content of the hardback format, but with the added benefits of a keyword search function, ability to bookmark pages, annotate and highlight text. The 2019 eBook is only available directly through LexisNexis.
Table of contents
Table of Statutes
Table of Statutory Instruments
Table of Cases
Table of Practice Directions
Table of CPR, FPR and Supreme Court Practice Directions
Part I: Procedural Guides
• Detailed guidance covering the following areas:
• Applications for Relief Other Than Divorce;
• Application for Matrimonial and Civil Partnership Proceedings and Related Orders;
• Enforcement of Orders;
• Judicial Reviews and Appeals;
Part II: Statutes
• Pertinent provisions of all relevant statutes, reproduced in amended form and annotated by the expert team of contributors.
Part III: Procedure Rules
• The full text of the Family Procedure Rules 2010 and practice directions, plus relevant provisions and practice directions from the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 and the Supreme Court Rules 2009. All provisions are reproduced as amended, along with detailed explanation and guidance.
Part IV: Statutory Instruments
• Pertinent provisions of all relevant SIs appear in amended form, with commentary from the expert team of contributors.
Part V: Practice Guidance
• Relevant practice guidance for family law practitioners.
Part VI: European Material
• Coverage of significant European Regulations and Conventions, all fully annotated.
Part VII: Welsh Materials (Autumn Supplement and Online only)
• Essential materials relating to children law in Wales.
Summary of Fees