Why should you buy Domestic Abuse: Law and Practice 7th edition
Domestic Abuse: Law and Practice is a comprehensive practitioner's guide to dealing with cases involving personal protection, harassment and domestic abuse.
This new edition has been thoroughly revised. It takes account of recent case-law and provides analysis of all the important procedural developments, including:
- the revised PD12J (Child Arrangements and Contact Order: Domestic Abuse and Harm);
- future developments in the law relating to domestic abuse; and
- the increasing recognition of the pernicious effect which violence can have on children.
The text is supplemented by appendices containing key forms, precedents and legislation.
Domestic Abuse: Law and Practice is an invaluable practical guide written for solicitors, barristers, citizen advice bureaux and women's rights groups.
“an essential tool for both judges and practitioners” Family Law
“the analysis is clear, succinct and very user-friendly. Highly recommended” The Law
“a clear and detailed guide ... easily accessible and of great value to the court” Magistrate
Table of contents
• Introduction – How to Use this Book
• Non-molestation Orders under the Family Law Act 1996
• Occupation Orders
• Protection from Harassment Act 1997
• Procedures for Personal Protection Orders
• Transfer of Tenancies
• Domestic Violence Protection Orders
• The Effect of Domestic Violence on Related Proceedings