Convenient Action - Continuity for Change eBook
Why you should buy Convenient Action - Continuity for Change eBook
Convenient Action - Continuity for Change written by the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi, contains initiatives taken by his government post May 2014 at the national level.
Mr. Modi has given substantial emphasis on two important aspects of climate change, i.e., Climate Ethics and Climate Justice. By quoting various examples in the book, the author has drawn the correlation between ancient Indian knowledge and the need to conserve the nature. The book gives a snapshot of all the latest developments in India relating to climate change, including a brief on India's Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs). This signifies a big leap forward in the multi-dimensional efforts that India has been taking to transform itself into a low-carbon economy.
In order to reach a wide audience, the author has kept the language simple and avoided complex technical details. While the reader can relate and easily understand the contents of the book by a greatly popular national leader, this book also connects with international community and provides a great deal of inspiration to various cross sections of the society to join in the global drive to deal with the challenges of climate change.
Table of contents
* Climate Ethics
* From Water Riots to Water Security
* Powergudas of Gujarat (Small is Beautiful)
* Big is Also Beautiful (Sardar Sarovar Project)
* Silenced River Springs Back to Life (Reviving Sabarmati River by Inter-basin Water Transfer)
* In Search of Better Alternatives (Panam High Level Canal Project)
* Reducing Urban Warming
* Switchover to Gaseous Green
* From Carbon Credits to Green Credits
* Energy Reforms Essential for Mitigation
* The Eternal Power of Sun & Wind
* Coastal Sustainable Livelihoods
* Continuity for Change
* Climate Justice
No related products available.