Why should you buy The Law of Contract Sixth edition (Part of Butterworths Common Law Series)
The Law of Contract provides a comprehensive and authoritative treatment of all aspects of the law of contract. It is both accessible and detailed, designed specifically to meet the needs of practitioners in the field.
The latest key decisions are covered and accompanied by incisive analysis, including Patel v Mirza which deals with the interaction of contract and unjust enrichment in relation to illegal contracts.
This title also contains significant statutory and common law changes since the last edition:
- The new Consumer Rights Act 2015, with an easy-to-follow flowchart on applying the Act to "unfair terms"
- Major rewrites in key chapters in relation to liquidated damages, entire agreement clauses, non-reliance clauses, construction of contracts, implied terms and "subject to contract" stipulations
- Important Supreme Court cases including Arnold v Britton and Others, Marks & Spencer Plc v BNP Paribas, Wood v Capita Insurance Services Ltd and Impact Funding Solutions Ltd v Barrington Support Services
- Changes to the law in respect of non-consumer contracts arising from the Insurance Act 2015
- Developments in relation to the intention to create legal relations and on notices making time of the essence