Why should you subscribe to Manual of Construction Agreements
The Manual of Construction Agreements is a comprehensive guide to the law and practice governing construction contracts, with a focus on the major standard form agreements. Originally written by Richard Cockram, one of the country's leading construction lawyers, it includes a comprehensive bank of expertly drafted amendments to the standard form agreements and a suite of precedents, together with guidance and drafting notes.
Construction drafting is a central part of commercial property transactions, raising complex issues of law, interpretation and procedure. The key to addressing these issues lies in having rapid access to draft forms of agreement and specialist expertise based on a sound understanding of industry practice, case-law and current legislation.
Benefits of the service include:
- An exhaustive suite of over 100 expertly drafted and comprehensively annotated forms and precedents, written from the perspective of end-users
- A 650-page statement of relevant law and practice - including detailed commentary on the principal industry-standard forms
- Updated twice a year to cover relevant developments in construction law and practice
- An introduction to contractual arrangements relating to construction procurement, the appointment of design consultants and related matters
- In-depth analysis of the relevant areas of law that have been the subject of recent developments in the form of new legislation or reported cases, or in which certain difficult problems remain to be resolved
- A new chapter and accompanying forms and precedents covering the FIDIC contracts, which are the most widely used forms for contracts internationally for the construction, plant and design industries.
Table of contents
Issue 27 November 2018Issue 27 includes a number of revised Forms in Part B.
The main revisions in Part B are new versions of Forms B60A, B60B and B60C. These Forms have been updated to take account of the publication of the 2017 editions of the FIDIC Red, Yellow and Silver Books.
In addition, Forms B57A, B57B and B57E have been updated to adopt the second edition of the CIC BIM Protocol, issued in April 2018.
Drafting amendments have been made to Forms B47–B53 (the Schedules of Amendments to the JCT 2016 suite of contracts), mainly in relation to entitlements arising from instructions to open up for inspection and/or testing. In addition, these Forms have been updated to include the provision allocating the risk of concurrent delay to the contractor considered in the recent case of North Midland Building Limited v Cyden Homes Ltd  EWCA Civ 1744, which can be used if the contractor has accepted this risk.
Part A Law and Practice
- The Nature of Construction Contracts
- The JCT Contracts
- Non-JCT Construction Contracts
- Standard Form Consultants' Appointments
- Collateral Warranties and Third Party Rights
- Guarantee Bonds and Parent Company Guarantees
- Letters of Intent
- The CDM Regulations
- Relevant Legislation
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation and Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Adjudication, Expert Determination and ADR
- The Form and Content of Deeds and Documents
- The Execution of Deeds and Other Documents
Part B Forms
- Consultants' Appointments
- Amendments to JCT Contracts
- Amendments to ICE Contracts
- Amendments to NEC/ECC Contract
- Management Contracting
- Collateral Warranties
- Letters of Intent
- Surety Documents