Why you should buy Webinar Public M&A update
M&As are a key feature of Corporate Law. Our panel of expert speakers will bring you the latest in Public M&A trends, including high profile deals and scrutiny.
By watching this webinar, you will learn about:
• Deal volumes/ macro drivers
• Who is buying and why
• Industry sectors
• Transaction structures
• Type of bid
Will those trends change in the short term?
• Brexit uncertainty - impact - positive or negative?
• Equity markets becoming volatile/ IPO markets softening
• New source of funding - direct lenders writing bigger cheques?
• Valuations in US and Europe at all-time high
• Desire for expansion rather than consolidation expected to drive M&A activity
• International expected to continue to boom
• UK buyers might be more impacted by Brexit concerns
• Companies looking outside own sector
• Highest appetite for new deals
• Oil, gas, mining and metals
• Expect same as in 2015 - schemes to remain popular and pre-conditional bids
• With expansion as the driver
• Competing bids? - Home Retail Group plc, WM Morrison
• Consortium bids - for bigger cheques?
Recent Takeover Code technical/ practical points of interest
• Companies Act 2006 (Amendment of Part 17) Regulations 2015; RS 2015/1; RS 2015/2; RS 2015/3 and PCP/2016/1
• XChanging plc - competing bids/ timetable
• Gala Coral - "tactical litigation" by major shareholders and Asia Resource Minerals public criticism
Please allow up to 2 working days from placing your order to receiving email confirmation of your access to this webinar.
The webinar will be available for 12 months from the broadcast date.
If you are purchasing this webinar on behalf of another individual, would like to buy more than one webinar or have any queries relating to the webinar please contact us on +44 (0)845 520 5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org