Why should you subscribe to Manual of Construction Agreements
The Manual of Construction Agreements is a comprehensive guide to the law and practice governing construction contracts, with a focus on the major standard form agreements. Written by Richard Cockram, one of the country's leading construction lawyers, it includes a comprehensive bank of expertly drafted amendments to the standard form agreements and a suite of precedents, together with guidance and drafting notes.
Construction drafting is a central part of commercial property transactions, raising complex issues of law, interpretation and procedure. The key to addressing these issues lies in having rapid access to draft forms of agreement and specialist expertise based on a sound understanding of industry practice, case-law and current legislation.
Benefits of the service include:
- An exhaustive suite of over 100 expertly drafted and comprehensively annotated forms and precedents, written from the perspective of end-users.
- A 650-page statement of relevant law and practice - including detailed commentary on the principal industry-standard forms.
- Updated twice a year to cover relevant developments in construction law and practice.
- An introduction to contractual arrangements relating to construction procurement, the appointment of design consultants and related matters.
- In-depth analysis of the relevant areas of law that have been the subject of recent developments in the form of new legislation or reported cases, or in which certain difficult problems remain to be resolved.
- A new chapter and accompanying forms and precedents covering the FIDIC contracts, which are the most widely used forms for contracts internationally for the construction, plant and design industries.
Table of contents
Issue 26, April 2018
Issue 26 revises 13 of the 20 chapters in Part A and includes a number of new or revised Forms in Part B.
The main revisions and additions to Part A (Law and Practice) result from reported decisions, legislation, publications and other developments
arising since the preparation of Update 25, which was issued in November 2017.
The Forms that have been revised for this issue are based on the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract or the NEC4 Professional Services Contract, the revisions consisting mainly of amendments relating to payment. The relevant amended Forms are B60 (amendments to NEC4 ECC) and B60AA (amendments to NEC4 PSC) and the related framework agreements, B63 (for Works) and B63A (for Services).
In addition, new Form B60AB has now been added, consisting of Special Conditions to the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Subcontract. Form B60AB is essentially a pass-down of the amendments to NEC4 ECC contained in Form B60.
The other additions to the Forms consist of Special Conditions to the JCT Construction Manager’s Appointment and Construction Management Trade Contract 2016 respectively, together with a Construction Manager’s deed of warranty and a Trade Contractor’s deed of warranty.
It had been hoped to include in this issue new versions of Forms B60A, B60B and B60C, to take account of the publication of the 2017 editions of the FIDIC Red, Yellow and Silver Books. Unfortunately, however, prints of those editions did not become available until late January 2018, with the result that this has not been possible. New versions of those three Forms will instead be included in Issue 27 of November 2018.
Part A Law and Practice
- The Nature of Construction Contracts
- The JCT Contracts
- Non-JCT Construction Contracts
- Standard Form Consultants' Appointments
- Collateral Warranties and Third Party Rights
- Guarantee Bonds and Parent Company Guarantees
- Letters of Intent
- The CDM Regulations
- Relevant Legislation
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation and Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Adjudication, Expert Determination and ADR
- The Form and Content of Deeds and Documents
- The Execution of Deeds and Other Documents
Part B Forms
- Consultants' Appointments
- Amendments to JCT Contracts
- Amendments to ICE Contracts
- Amendments to NEC/ECC Contract
- Management Contracting
- Collateral Warranties
- Letters of Intent
- Surety Documents