Company Administration and Governance Set
Why should you subscribe to Jordan Publishing Company Administration and Governance
Described as “an indispensable aid to the busy company secretary”, Jordan Publishing Company Administration and Governance provides you with practical guidance in all the key areas of company administration and compliance, in a form that is easily accessible. Whether you need help on changing the accounting reference date of a company, choosing a name for a new venture or reviewing the company’s insurance cover, this resource has it covered.
This title includes a vast array of information on all matters relating to private and public company administration and corporate governance in England and Wales. In addition to summarising the law, it provides useful footnotes with commentary on market practice.
It includes a comprehensive and yet practical guide on the recent implementation of and developments in relation to the new register of people with significant control (PSC register).
Since 6 April 2016, companies other than those with shares admitted to trading on regulated markets, have been required to have a PSC register recording details of any person with significant control (PSC) or relevant legal entity (RLE). The requirements apply whether the company is trading or dormant, and include guarantee companies and unlimited companies. Find out more about PSCs and RLEs...
Benefits of the service include:
- Comprehensive - Offers essential guidance for private companies in a single volume.
- Written by acknowledged experts - A team of specialists ensures that the whole work benefits from a breadth of expertise.
- Practical - Each section contains definitive advice with relevant precedents.
- Accessible - Available in a format to suit you: as one single handy looseleaf volume or online.
- Regularly updated - Six updates a year incorporating changes in the law and practice.
- Precedents and model documents - Expertly drafted to save you preparation time.
- Companies House forms - Guidance on the more complex forms, with examples completed.
- Forms and precedents - Available in online format or CD-ROM, ready to complete and print.
- Cases and commentary - On topical subjects from the IN FOCUS Newsletter.
- Further information and contact details - Ensures all the required information is to hand.
- Available in print as well as LexisLibrary.
Advisory Board and Contributors
Advisory Board: Kate Anthony Wilkinson LLB (Hons), Solicitor, Head of Group Legal and Company Secretary for Mulberry Group; Trustee of Bristol Aero Collection Trust; Kathleen O’Reilly LLB, Solicitor, Member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society (England and Wales) and Lecturer in Legal Practice, University of South Wales; Anita Rajput-Havell ACIS, Senior Company Secretarial Manager, UHY Hacker Young LLP; Sarah Sheehan, Consultant Lawyer at Keystone Law; former Chair and Director of the Commerce & Industry Group and the Group’s CPD Training Programme for in-house lawyers; Nicholas Smith, Solicitor, Family Business Consultant, Family Business Consultancy
Contributors: Edward Benson, Solicitor, Benson Employment Law Limited (previously employment law partner in Browne Jacobson LLP); Peter Carey, Privacy & Data Protection Ltd; Karen Cooper, Partner, Cooper Cavendish LLP; Steve Crawte, Manager, Baker Tilly; Graeme Fearon, Associate Solicitor, Thring Townsend Lee & Pembertons; Michael Griffiths, Lecturer and Company Law Conference Speaker; David Impey, BHP Information Solutions; Janis Law, Solicitor, Clarke Willmott LLP; Ian Long, Solicitor, BCL, DipEL, DipPL; Sarah Maddock, Associate Solicitor, Bevan Brittan LLP; Peter Van Duzer, Solicitor; Company Secretarial Consultant; Adrian Wild, Chartered Accountant; Dawn Williams, Solicitor and Chartered Secretary
Table of contents
Update 108 November 2017
This release contains updates to Parts 2 (Formation, Company Names and Constitution); 3 (Overseas Companies); 4 (Directors and Company Secretary); 4A (Accounts and Auditors); 8 (Shares, Dividends and Loan Stock); and 13 (Data Protection).
- Introductory Overview
- Formation, Company Names and Constitution
- Overseas Companies
- Company Officers, Accountants and Auditors
- Corporate Governance
- Meetings and Resolutions
- Shares, Dividends and Loan Stock
- Public Companies
- Financial Difficulties
- Corporate Insurance
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- Further Contact Details
- Appendices (Statutory Forms; Table of Books, Registers and Documents; Table A to the Companies Act)