International Trust Laws
Why should you subscribe to International Trust Laws
International Trust Laws is the most reliable global source of reference on international trusts available and provides an easily accessible route to the information needed to advise clients confidently. This major work has a team of editors from XXIV Old Buildings, led by David Brownbill QC. David and his fellow editors, Jessica Hughes, Adam Cloherty, Edward Cumming and Daniel Warents, are all barristers specialising in international trust work.
The team has extensive experience of contentious, advisory and planning work across numerous jurisdictions making this an essential reference work for all business and private client advisers.
If you need to gain an understanding of the impact of clawback on a trust, read the article 'Forced heirship and the trust'.
Editors and Contributors
Consultant Editor: David Brownbill QC
General Editors: Jessica Hughes, Adam Cloherty, Edward Cumming and Daniel Warents all at XXIV Old Buildings, Lincoln's Inn
Contributors: Prof Dr Jur Makoto Arai; James Bertles; Dr iur Klaus Biedermann; Dr Alexandra Braun; Professor W E Butler; Emily Campbell; Dr Trevor Carmichael; Matthew Carn; Samuel E Commissiong; Matthew Conaglen; Owen Curry; Simon Davies; Ed Devenport; Adam Doyle; Anthony Duckworth; Professor David M English; Martine Fleming; Sir Henry de B Forde QC; Monica Galea John; John Glasson; Robert Ham QC; Patrick Hamlin;
Professor Jonathan Harris; Justice David Hayton; Jonathan Hilliard QC; Erin Hitchens; Lusina Ho; Professor Alastair Hudson; Pia Hundal; Khairul Azhar Khairuddin; Kenneth W Kingma; Isaac N Legair; James Levy; Sylvia Nicole Liverpool; Paraic Madigan; Lucinda E Main; Michael McAuley; Lydia McCormack; Jay H McDowell; Christopher J McKenzie; Robert Miller; Ariel Misick; Mathew Newman; John O'Sullivan; Marcus Parker; Priscilla Pattoo; Richard F G Pease; Kamala Richardson; Marilyn Piccini Roy; Ed Powles; Edward Reed; John Rhodes; Keith Robinson; Bajul Shah; Michael Shine; Jonathan Smalley; Rachel Steeden; Wendy Stenning; John Stephens; Michael Tennet QC; Pravir Tesiram; Professor Geraint Thomas QC; Heather Thompson; Andrea Tratnik; Gabriel Tribaldos; Muhammad R C Uteem; Andrea Vicari; Nicola Walker; Professor Donovan Waters QC; Elizabeth Weaver; Harry Wiggin; David W Wilson; Melissa Wong; Judge Basil Wunsh
Editorial team contact details
Table of contents
Update 86 – November 2017Summary
The following section has been amended:
- Section A – Digests, Chapter 34: The People’s Republic of China
Section ADIGESTS - Provide expert, country-by-country commentary on the elements of trust law in each jurisdiction. Each entry is prepared by contributors with experience of working in that particular territory.
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Cook Islands
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man
- New Zealand
- People's Republic of China
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- South Africa
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- New York
Section BSPECIAL TOPICS - In-depth analysis of a range of topics relevant to lawyers concerned with trusts in an international setting.
- Forced Heirship and the Trust
- Payment by Trustees of Foreign Taxes
- Purpose Trusts
- Trading Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Disclosure of Information by Trustees
- The Future of the Trust from a Worldwide Perspective
- Trusts, Trustees and the UK Money Laundering Regime
- The Liabilities of Trusts
- Service Providers in International Financial Law
- VISTA trusts
- Models of the Trust Idea and Uses of those Models
- The Uniform Trust Code: An Introduction
CONFLICT OF LAWS - Chapters by specialist authors on jurisdiction and enforcement of judgments, applicable law and recognition (including the application and implications of the Hague Trusts Convention), capacity and other ‘rocket launching' issues plus selected reference material.
- Jurisdiction and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
- Launching the Rocket - Capacity and the Creation of Inter Vivos Transnational Trusts
- International Recognition of Trusts
- Appendix: Explanatory Report by Von Overbeck
- Appendix: Explanatory Report on the Brussels Convention by Schlosser
- Appendix: Council Regulation on Jurisdiction and the Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters
STATUTES (and other reference material) - Extensive full text trust legislation from each of the jurisdictions.