Gore-Browne on EU Company Law
Why should you subscribe to Gore-Browne on EU Company Law
Setting up, running and dissolving a business is never easy wherever the jurisdiction, but for EU Member States it is complicated by the effects of EU Directives on their own law and practice. EU Directives governing the regulation of companies have had profound effects on how businesses operate throughout Europe. In the UK, for example, the European Company (SE), money laundering legislation and developments in cross-border insolvency have all resulted from EU initiatives.
Gore-Browne on EU Company Law explains the impact of EU Directives and Regulations on company law, taxation, accounting and insolvency. Analytical in approach, it examines and monitors the implementation provisions in the UK, looks at forthcoming developments and Directives, analyses key cases from the European Court of Justice and discusses new EU business entities that are now available and are increasingly being used by Member States including the UK.
In one looseleaf volume it contains the fully amended text of all the European Directives together with invaluable commentary on the implementation and purpose of each Directive.
The key features of Gore-Browne on EU Company Law are as follows:
- Extensive contents such as corporate forms, market abuse, transparency, take-overs, mergers, corporate governance, employee issues, cross-border mergers and insolvency.
- Analysis of how corporate rescue in the UK and Member States are affected by the UNCITRAL Model Law and the 2000 EC Regulation.
- Authoritative commentary on the implementation and purpose of each Directive and how it has been working in practice.
- Practical explanations of how EU legislation and cases can influence corporate activity across Member States
- It reproduces the amended text of the key EU Directives and other EU Regulations and EU guidance materials.
- It contains a comprehensive source of cases from the European Court of Justice which must be followed by UK courts
- Expanded coverage of European Tax Law, including detailed analysis of the key European Court rulings on Member States' direct taxes
Gore-Browne on EU Company Law is an invaluable guide for solicitors, barristers and accountants, and anybody practising in or researching company and insolvency law.