IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS 101) illustrative financial statements for 2017 year ends
Why should you buy IFRS and UK GAAP (FRS 101) illustrative financial statements for 2017 year ends
This publication provides two sets of illustrative financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2017. These model accounts will assist the reader in preparing financial statements by illustrating the required disclosure and presentation for UK groups and UK companies reporting under IFRS or FRS 101, 'Reduced Disclosure Framework'. The accounts include UK company law disclosures with commentary to explain the detail behind the presentation of a number of challenging areas. The accounts comprise:
- IFRS GAAP Plc - The financial statements of a fictional entity have been updated to illustrate the disclosure and presentation requirements of the IFRS standards and interpretations, UK company law and reporting requirements for listed companies for financial years beginning on or after 1 January 2017. Areas in which presentation has changed significantly since 2016 are highlighted. Key changes include:
- Updated strategic report to incorporate non-financial reporting regulations.
- Updated corporate governance report to incorporate changes recommended in the 2016 version of the UK Corporate Governance Code and FRC Guidance on audit committees.
- Expanded disclosure of expected impact of adopting IFRS 9, 15 & 16 to include quantification of impact.
- UK GAAP Limited - This example annual report has been prepared to show the disclosures and format that might be expected for a company preparing its financial statements under FRS 101 and the Companies Act. FRS 101 provides the disclosure exemptions from EU-adopted IFRS for qualifying entities.